After our wild 70's Dance Party we cooled off and calmed down at the piano bar. This was a favorite of our group and the piano player seemed to like our presence and requests too.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
The Cruise in Review
Here is a recap of our cruise. I'll try to keep the words to a minimum because I tend to like looking a photos more when I read other blogs. Safety first! Everyone looks ridiculous when you have to go to your emergency muster station. :)
Derek actually went to a scrapbook workshop with me! He was in charge of the glue stick while I assembled the pages. There were pretty basic supplies and the Brazilian leader did not know what acid-free was when I asked him a question. We had a lot of fun though (and sticky fingers!).
Derek and I went on the climbing wall. It feels a little strange to be climbing when the ship is swaying. There was a really good view at the top though!
Oh, those handsome guys we brought with us (or...err... let us go...).
Our first port was Aruba, we went on a sail boat that took us snorkeling. We saw some really neat fish and a ship wreck. It was fun because they had a swing that you use to do flips into the water and they fed us. (Yes, of course there was free bar service.. wink, wink)

Curacao was our second port and it was so beautiful with all it's brightly colored buildings on the canal. It really does feel like the Dutch Caribbean!

After our wild 70's Dance Party we cooled off and calmed down at the piano bar. This was a favorite of our group and the piano player seemed to like our presence and requests too.
This ship has it all. I was amazed that the ice skaters could do their jumps on such a small rink on a floating and swaying ship!
We got a little dirty on our hike in the rain forest on Dominica. It was a blast though. All 8 of us went on the hike.
We hiked to Middleham Falls and could jump down into it! Do you see Derek in the photo?
Okay, just kidding, that was our guide jumping from 40 feet up. We did jump though. See that "cave" on the side? We climbed up into that and over and up a little. It still felt very high up!
We went to most of the shows and games that they did at night. Reuben (one of our friends) and I helped in the game The Quest. It was a crazy game but we won the gold medal! Okay, we're just a little competitive...
Our last port/day was St. Thomas, one of the US Virgin Islands. We spent the 4th of July at Magens Bay and some of the locals shared their beer and brats with us. A perfect ending to a wonderful trip.
After our wild 70's Dance Party we cooled off and calmed down at the piano bar. This was a favorite of our group and the piano player seemed to like our presence and requests too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So jealous! Looks like a blast! Even a scrapbooking workshop on board - were you in heaven? :)
So fun! Loved the pics...
YAY for fun friends!! :) I miss you already! hehe
wow This looks amaizing and fun!
Love all the great pictures! So Jealous of going on vacay!!
Jamie
Post a Comment