Thursday, November 5, 2009

Calvin, Calvin, sing we all to thee...

Girls, I have to chuckle and then add a comment to our blog. I totally just made one of those Calvin telethon guys' nights. I always get these calls and think "what's a 526 number?" and answer it thinking it might be a parent from my class and it ends up being Calvin asking for money. Ugh! It's never a convenient time... so last night I got a call and I had noticed, from those knight emails we get, that they're trying to get every student to participate by donating some amount of money (good luck!). We were just heading out the door... so I told them to call me back the next day. Normally I forget and am surprised a second time, but this time I remembered! I even had my debit card ready! The kid was so surprised that he "made a sale"... he was excited! Then after taking my info (and incorrect card number the first time) he asked if there was anything else I would like to know. So I asked about him. (Is that flirting?) He was a senior (hmm, my sister-in-law's a senior), so I asked him what his major was... he is one of those made-up CAS majors :) (hmm, that's SIL's department). So I asked him if he knew her and he did. Oh how fun. Dutch Bingo. he he he. I guess it made my night too. Although I'm a few pennies poorer now...

4 comments:

Julie Linn said...

wow! you actually donated to Calvin, you are my new hero, Julie. :) Maybe I'll donate a dollar or two next time, maybe.

Amy said...

You're too funny! And I like laughing, so hurry up and get your life in order so we can hang out! I'm back in the country! yay!

Debbie said...

They never call me. Not that I'm complaining of course. =) I did find out last year that Tate's company matches donations to universities, so that was pretty sweet. Good job, Julie.

Jes said...

Julie, Your a good person! Amy, your back in the Country? How was your trip?