So I promised Julie I would post about my trip to Africa. It was SO amazing. I was in Lusaka, Zambia for about two weeks. The group I was with was great...our team really worked well together. We held a camp for the first four days we were there for about 150 girls. We each worked with a small group of girls and then also did a session that the different groups rotated through during the week.
I was supposed to be in charge of games using balls ie kickball and foursquare. BUT, a few days before we left my boss asked if I would be willing to switch to having "Girl Talk" instead. So, for four days, I talked to 150 different girls about puberty, sex, their bodies, etc. It was a bit awkward at times, but in the long run I think I really was able to help some of them. A lot of those subjects are taboo and don't get discussed, so lots of the girls opened up and had some honest questions to ask.
We are building a school for orphaned and underprivileged children as well. So, I got to see the village where that is going to happen, and after meeting with the chief three days in a row my boss got land donated for the school -- so, so very awesome. It is so amazing to be a part of the work God is doing in the lives of women and children in Africa. I LOVE my job :)
And, I got to go on a Safari!!
1 comment:
I LURVE you Amyster!
Get on facebook and add me NOW! we need to catch up. How was new Zealand? (I have new developments to tell you.. and you just might kill me for it)
Post a Comment